Recipe by Ms May
This is a delicious recipe for whole wheat bread, and its totally VEGAN!
Top Review by Ezzie's Mama
Great bread! Airy and soft with just enough crispness to the outside. Not too dense, but dense enough to make a sandwich with. I had a hard time not eating the entire loaf by myself in just one day!
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl (or the bucket of a bread machine, programmed for the dough cycle) dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add the rest of the ingredients in order and mix and knead until the dough is smooth. Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rise for 2 hours, until it has doubled in bulk.
- Punch down the dough and knead it on a floured surface. Shape the dough into an 8-inch log and place it in a lightly greased 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Cover loosely and allow it to rise until it crests about 1 inch over the rim of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes, until its golden brown. Remove it from the oven and turn it out of the pan to cool on a rack.