This comes from Paula Deen. It is absolutely wonderful especially if you like French Onion Soup. Make sure you use heavy duty aluminum foil and if you make these on the outdoor grill, double the foil because you do not want to loose any of the delicious broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel onions and using an apple corer, cut 1/4 out of the middle of the onion and using a knife cut the onion into four wedges not going all the way through the onion.
- 2Place cut onions on a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 3Put one beef bouillon cube in hole in the middle of the onion.
- 4Put one teaspoon of butter on top of the bouillon cube.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Fold up aluminum foil around onions making sure that it is tightly around onions.
- 7Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes until soft.
- 8Pour out into a bowl and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Vidalia Onions
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 615.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g