Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This comes from Paula Deen. It is absolutely wonderful especially if you like French Onion Soup. Make sure you use heavy duty aluminum foil and if you make these on the outdoor grill, double the foil because you do not want to loose any of the delicious broth.
- Peel onions and using an apple corer, cut 1/4 out of the middle of the onion and using a knife cut the onion into four wedges not going all the way through the onion.
- Place cut onions on a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Put one beef bouillon cube in hole in the middle of the onion.
- Put one teaspoon of butter on top of the bouillon cube.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold up aluminum foil around onions making sure that it is tightly around onions.
- Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes until soft.
- Pour out into a bowl and enjoy.
These were great! DH and DS groaned that I only made 1 each. Will make again. I used beef flavor, can't wait to try chicken. Thanks again.
My family loves these! I make them all the time on the grill for a side to our cookout! Can of course use other flavors of bouillon and even have put a garlic clove inside the onion. Thanks for sharing this wonderful simple recipe!
Absolutely fantastic use of Vidalia Onions! We love this simple recipe! If you like French Onion soup this a great side dish!