Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a really easy meal to cook when you really can’t be bothered to cook but want something relatively healthy- yummy too and nice comfort food! It’s basically a rip off of chicken and broccoli casserole which I love but couldn’t’ eat once I became vego. This version tastes just as delicious.
- 3 cups mixed fresh vegetables
- 1 (400 g) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Cut up veggies and put in a lasagne dish.
- Heat up soup, milk, curry powder, lemon juice in a pan.
- Pour over veggies, top with cheeses and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve with steamed rice and buttered toast.
Well, this was an experience. One sister didn't like it at all, too sour, so she gave it 3 stars. I loved it "as is", and went for 5 stars. My other sister didn't even taste the lemon juice and gave it 4 stars. Thus the 4-star rating. Only change I made was to use sour cream in place of the canned soup. Used colby-jack for the cheese. I used yellow squash, zucchini, chayote squash and broccoli. Am planning to make this again, and have it for lunch for me and Marylou. Thnx for posting, MissJen. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs. 11/30/08 The photo I posted is just to let you see how it looked before baking, as the cheese and crumbs covered everything up!