Recipe by Lalaloula
These tasty little treats are super easy to make and also quite healthy. They feature a flavourful vegetable filling which can be varied according to whats in season or what strikes your fancy. Vary the spices and herbs according to the filling veggies you choose. I hope youll enjoy them as much as we do! :)
Top Review by Annacia
These are delicious! I doubled the recipe and made 4 bigger pasties for dinner and served them with a fresh green salad (kind of wish I'd triples it because there is none left!). Used the cream cheese and yogurt option along with potato, carrot, broccoli (cut quite small), onion and some red pepper. It's a tad bit fussy but so worth the time. This is a real keeper :D
For the Dough
- 250 g low-fat Quark (or use cream cheese mixed with yogurt to a ricotta like consistency)
- 25 g butter, softened
- 75 g whole wheat flour
- 75 g flour (you can use all whole wheat, too)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 1 small carrot, chopped finely
- 1 small parsnip (or other vegetables of your choice to make up this amount, think of peas, potatoes, broccoli, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 50 g cheese, grated (use a mature variety, low fat is fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl combine quark, butter, flours and salt, Using your hands quickly knead into a smooth dough. Place in the fridge until filling is ready.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute veggies for about 5 minutes. Season with pepper, chili powder, rosemary and curry powder. Allow to cool slightly (2 min.). Stir in cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out quite thinly (as thinly as possible without it breaking). Using a glass or cookie cutter (8 cm in diameter) cut out 8 rounds.
- Place 1 tbs of filling onto each dough round and fold over to get a pasty shape. Seal using a fork to press down the rim.
- Place the pasties on a paper-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 30 minutes (check 5 minutes early to prevent overbrowning).
- Serve with dipping sauce and salad of choice.
- Enjoy! :).