Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Much like the "Hearty" version.
Make and share this Yummy Vegetarian Tofu Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 large red peppers, chopped
- 6 large carrots, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry pinto beans, soaked and drained according to package directions
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) can romano beans, drained
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- Prepare the pinto beans according to package directions.
- Saute the onion, peppers, garlic and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add tofu, cumin, hot sauce, salt and pepper and saute until tofu is crumbled and lightly browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (beans, carrots, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder).
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer 60 to 75 minutes.