Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, prepared
- 8 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 14 ounces canned corn, drained
- 2 cups low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chilies, diced & drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, diced finely
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- Preheat oven 10 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in large pan; add bell peppers & onion.
- Season with desired amounts of salt & pepper.
- Cook until tender , about 6 minutes.
- Combine these cooked veggies with the lime juice, corn, green chilies, black beans, cheese, and tomatoes; Stirring very well to mix evenly.
- On a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray, place two torilla side by side on the baking sheet.
- Place 1/4 of the mixture on each tortilla and spread evenly around the tortilla.
- Top these with another tortilla and bake 5-7 minutes.
- Flip them onto their other side and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and desired crispness is achieved.
- Repeat this baking process to cook the remaining two quesadillas.
- Serve them with salsa for dipping and enjoy.