Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have just made these and they are very good.
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 potatoes, peeled, grated
- 2 courgettes, peeled, grated
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (I peeled mine first)
- 4 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped, your choice
- salt and pepper, Freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Batter:- 3 eggs 1 Tbsp flour 1 tsp baking powder oil for frying Squeeze all the excess moisture from the grated vegetables.
- Mix together well the vegetables, herbs and spices.
- Lightly beat the eggs and mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir into the vegetables and let stand 30 minutes.
- If there is any excess liquid on top, scoop it off with a spoon.
- Heat oil in a frypan (about 1 Tbs) add large spoonfuls of the fritter mixture, allowing enough space to expand.
- Don't flatten the fritters.
- Cover with a lid and cook around 10 minutes over a medium heat. Turn and cook the other side, until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with chutneys of your favourite sauce. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
Very nice, I'll certainly make these again! I like the cumin/paprika/curry combo on the dried herbs. I made my fritters with fresh curry leaves, parsley, and mint as the herbs. Suggest using more oil than 1 tbsp, though, especially for subsequent batches -- it's easy to burn the fritters a little if you're not careful, but if you turn too soon, they fall apart. That's the only reason I knocked down a star.
made them last night very nice