Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This goes really well with grilled Steak or lamb
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 red peppers or 2 orange peppers, sliced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 5 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- saute the onions in 2 tbsps olive oil until tender but not browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Add 2 more tbsps oil and saute green pepper 5 minutes, Remove.
- Add 2 mor tbsps oil and saute eggplant on each side 2 minutes.
- add remaining oil and saute zucchini for 3 minutes.
- Arrange alternating layers of the sauteed vegetables and tomatoes in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle each layer with garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake 45 minutess in 325 degree oven.
- Remove cover and turn oven up to 400 degrees.
- Prinkle with parmesan cheese and cook further 5 minutess.