1/1 Photo of Yummy Vegan Gravy
My family likes this tasty gravy as much as, or better than turkey gravy. You can add variations to suit whatever you are serving it with. We particularly like it with Lentil and Wild Rice Loaf (recipe 265288), but it is also great on mashed potatoes or even meat. I found this on another web site and hand copied it without noting where it came from, so I'm sorry I cannot give credit to the proper source.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I like walnut oil for flavor) or 2 tablespoons olive oil (I like walnut oil for flavor)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 garlic clove (to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce (I use no more than 1 1/2 T)
- handful chopped toasted cashews (optional)
- 1Saute onion 5 minutes in oil.
- 2Add flour and cook 5 more minutes until brown, and the onion is soft.
- 3Add minced garlic, then gradually whisk in broth. Add cashews, if using.
- 4Simmer 10 minutes while partly covered.
- 5Stir in yeast, soy sauce and pepper. Mix well, then blend until desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Vegan Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g