Recipe by Nicolle78
Excellent fast dish - perfect for company. You can throw a little veggie mock chicken as well to thicken up the recipe.
Top Review by SPrins
These are really delicious! The only changes I made were using 2 red bell peppers (didn't have any yellow), threw in some spinach, and cut back on the oil~~only used 2 T. olive oil & 4 T. water. Worked beautifully and we really enjoyed them! Thanks so much for sharing! :O)
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin, and maybe a little oregano never hurt anyone
- 4 -6 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 sprig cilantro
for the guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 seeded jalapeno, diced finely
- 1 diced roma tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Julienne the vegetables and combine them in a bowl.
- Add crushed garlic and mix lightly.
- Removed mushrooms stalks and slice the caps - add to the bowl. mix the oil and chili powder, cumin and oregano in a cup, pour over veggies, and stir well.
- Set aside to marinate. Note: Carnivores should feel free to add sliced chicken/steak.
- Make the guacamole (I'm sure you know how), cover tightly and chill out in a fridge.
- Heat a frying pan or wok until very hot. Add veggies and stir fry over high heat 5-6 minutes, until the mushrooms and peppers are just tender (I prefer mine slightly charred). Of course, meat eaters will probably need to cook longer so as not to have a bio-hazard for dinner. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the filling on to the tortilla and roll up.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with guacamole and lime wedges.