Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in the cooking section of my newspaper and couldn't wait to try it! Its quite easy to make and very, yummy (I just had a piece). Prep time includes the 4+ hours chilling time.
- 1 pie crust, for a 9 inch pie your favorite recipe or a prepared/frozen crust
- 1 2⁄3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (the "cooking kind", NOT instant)
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla chip
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (stems removed)
- 3 tablespoons vanilla chips
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil (NOT olive oil)
- 1 (3 ounce) package chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate or 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate or 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bake pie crust according to your recipe or package directions for a one-crust pie until lightly browned, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk and gelatin, let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir package of pudding mix into milk/gelatin mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat, and let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup chips to the mixture, stirring until chips are melted.
- Cover surface of pudding mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- After pudding has chilled; in a small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture.
- Spoon pudding mixture into baked, cooled pie shell, spread the top evenly.
- Place strawberries on top of pie, pointed end up (stem end in surface of pudding).
- In a small saucepan, combine 3 Tablespoons of chips and the oil.
- Heat over low heat, stirring until chips are melted.
- Drizzle melted chips over strawberries.
- Refrigerate pie at least 3 hours before serving.