Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband came up with this recipe one day and we all loved it! I hope you do too.
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb bratwurst
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into half-rings
- In a large skillet, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes, turning periodically; drain.
- Cook brats in the drained skillet, turning frequently, until browned to your liking.
- Or alternatively, you can finish them on the grill.
- Scrape the onions out to use as condiment in the bun. Doesn't even need ketchup!
We made this while we were camping and it was great! We did finish on the grill, thats how we likes 'em! My DH says to tell your DH - Good Job!!