Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of our favorite family recipes! I know there are a lot of "Turkey Tetrazzini" recipes on Zaar, but I think you will love this one. This comes from Betty Crocker's Best Loved Recipes. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
- 7 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey broth
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cut-up cooked turkey or 2 cups chicken
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- Mix broth, half-and-half, flour, margarine, salt and petter in 3 quart saucepan.
- heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in spaghetti, turkey or chicken, olives and almonds. Spread in ungreased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Made this for Spring PAC 2013 and I added fresh garlic, some green onions, and I did use the half-n-half and mixed the cheddar cheese into the mixture. Thank you for posting.
A simple recipe, but nice. I added fresh ground pepper, garlic and italian seasoning. I also used penne instead of spaghetti. Next time I would mix the cheddar into the mix instead of on top. I would recommend half and half over milk.