Recipe by cjcar333
A lower fat variation of an old family favorite, using ground turkey and low sodium tomatoes. You'll find it spiced conservatively.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- diced green pepper
- diced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons low sodium salt
- 3⁄4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans low-sodium tomatoes, cut up w/no centers
- 1 can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the first three ingredients together in a large kettle (you don't need any oil and be sure that the pan you use has a lid).
- No need to drain.
- Add the spices and the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer on low for an hour, to let all the flavors mix.
- Serve with non-fat sour cream or low fat shredded cheese.
- This is a variation on Mom's chili, which uses ground round.
- It's not too spicy, but you can kick it up with more spice if you like.