Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These tuna wraps really satisfy my tuna cravings. The flavors really blend well!!!
- 1 (6 ounce) canchunk light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 2 baby carrots, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light mayonnaise, heaping
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sugar
- red grapes, cut into 8 ths (added ONLY right before serving!)
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- tortillas or pita bread
- Open your can of tuna and drain well.
- Empty contents of can into a bowl, and add mayo and ricotta.
- Shred your carrots into the bowl, and stir well.
- Add all spices, and stir thoroughly.
- Add celery and mix through.
- Heat your tortilla in a heated skillet until warm and slightly crispy, OR toast your pita.
- Add grapes to tuna mixture and stir lightly.
- Spread desired amount of tuna on tortilla OR in pita, and serve!
- I like to serve with some sliced pears on the side; it adds a nice touch!
Loved the ricotta & cayenne pepper. Gave it a unique taste
This is an interesting combination of flavors, the tuna mixed with the sweetness of the grapes and the bite of the cayenne and curry. I thought it was pretty good, but my son (not a child) didn't care for it at all. Possibly it's one of those combinations that you either love or hate... I wasn't quite sure how many grapes to add, so I cut up around eight sweet seedless red grapes, maybe that was too many?
Great Lunch!! Made these up this morning, left half home for DH's lunch and took half to work for myself. Rave reviews from both ends. I left grapes for DH to add and took them separately with me. We used tortilla for wraps, spread the tuna mix on the tortilla, rolled it up tight and put it in the microwave for 1 minute, wonderfull!! and DH put salsa over his, while I cut mine into about 1 inch spirals,(they could be served as spirals for a nice looking appetizer>) The instructions were very well written and easy to follow. The combination of spices, cheese, carrots, tuna and grapes really complimented each other. It had a nice little bite to it. We will use this mix often for lunches!! Thanks for sharing and good Luck!!