Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I used to buy the mix from fantastic foods, but they stopped making it so this is an improvisation that is just as good. Great for breakfast or lunch with tons of healthy goodness. I am not even vegetarian and love this recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof nasoya extra firm tofu, cubed (or other brand)
- 1⁄4 cup veggie crumbles, whole grain mix (Fantastic World Foods Vegetarian Nature's Burger)
- 3⁄4 cup O'Brien potatoes
- 2 links Morningstar Farms vegetarian breakfast links (or other vegan sausage brand)
- 2 tablespoons of medium salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- non-stick butter-flavored cooking spray
- Cook Potatoes O'Brien in a large frying pan with non-stick butter spray under medium/low heat.
- Add pepper.
- Put tofu in bowl and chop up cubes as much as possible with a sharp knife. You want it to resembled a scrambled look so maybe 1/2 or more of each cube size.
- Add in Fantastic World Foods Vegetarian Nature's Burger mixture and continue cutting and mixing.
- Add tofu/burger mixture to frying pan with potatoes. Raise heat to med/high.
- Microwave sausage links as instructed on box and cut into little tiny pieces and put into frying pan.
- Add salsa and cook until you start seeing a golden brown. About 5-10 minutes.
- Please note mix is 170 cal; 3g fat; 300 mg sodium; 29g carbs; 4g dietary fiber; 1g sugar; 8g protein (divide that by 3 for each serving).