Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the first recipe I have created with tofu and it is delicious! The green pepper, onion, and mushrooms combine for a wonderful taste. If you haven't tried tofu yet, give it a try! This is a super easy recipe and I am sure you won't be disappointed. The tofu takes on the other flavors and has a great texture for this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 8 ounces firm tofu (drained, rinsed, and patted dry)
- 8 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar newmans own mushroom marinara sauce (or your choice of marinara sauce)
- 12 manicotti
- garlic salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the manicotti shells as directed on the package.
- Drain the manicotti and set aside to cool.
- Crumble the tofu into small pieces (resembling cottage cheese).
- Combine tofu, ricotta, half of the mozzarella, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Stuff each manicotti shell with the filling and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the marinara sauce evenly over all of the stuffed manicotti shells.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt (to taste).
- Bake covered for 35 minutes.