Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the first recipe I have created with tofu and it is delicious! The green pepper, onion, and mushrooms combine for a wonderful taste. If you haven't tried tofu yet, give it a try! This is a super easy recipe and I am sure you won't be disappointed. The tofu takes on the other flavors and has a great texture for this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 8 ounces firm tofu (drained, rinsed, and patted dry)
- 8 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar newmans own mushroom marinara sauce (or your choice of marinara sauce)
- 12 manicotti
- garlic salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the manicotti shells as directed on the package.
- Drain the manicotti and set aside to cool.
- Crumble the tofu into small pieces (resembling cottage cheese).
- Combine tofu, ricotta, half of the mozzarella, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Stuff each manicotti shell with the filling and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the marinara sauce evenly over all of the stuffed manicotti shells.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt (to taste).
- Bake covered for 35 minutes.
made this for dinner tonight for my family and my parents. everyone enjoyed. used ff ricotta and mozarella (only used half of what the recipe called for- just the filling) also added additional seasoning: basil, oregano, and parsley. will make this again. thanks!