Calla Lily's Note:
This is the first recipe I have created with tofu and it is delicious! The green pepper, onion, and mushrooms combine for a wonderful taste. If you haven't tried tofu yet, give it a try! This is a super easy recipe and I am sure you won't be disappointed. The tofu takes on the other flavors and has a great texture for this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces firm tofu (drained, rinsed, and patted dry)
- 8 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar newmans own mushroom marinara sauce (or your choice of marinara sauce)
- 12 manicotti
- garlic salt (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Boil the manicotti shells as directed on the package.
- 3Drain the manicotti and set aside to cool.
- 4Crumble the tofu into small pieces (resembling cottage cheese).
- 5Combine tofu, ricotta, half of the mozzarella, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- 6Mix ingredients well.
- 7Grease a large baking dish.
- 8Stuff each manicotti shell with the filling and place in the baking dish.
- 9Pour the marinara sauce evenly over all of the stuffed manicotti shells.
- 10Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 11Sprinkle with garlic salt (to taste).
- 12Bake covered for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Tofu Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 364.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: