This is the sauce to go with BBQ Short Ribs Korean Style. I have posted it separately to enter it into the Barbecue Sauce contest! It can be used on a variety of meats and also tofu. Enjoy!
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 177.44-236.59 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sherry wine
- 44.37 ml honey
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 118.29 ml chopped scallion, plus more green tips for sprinkling (green and white parts, mixed)
- 9.85 ml red chili pepper flakes
- Grind the sesame seeds in a coffee grinder until fine.
- Place the ground sesame seeds in a medium bowl and add the garlic, soy, sherry, honey, sesame oil, water, ginger, scallions, and red chili flakes, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Use this sauce to marinate short ribs, steaks, chicken or fish! Grill or broil and baste with sauce.