Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the sauce to go with BBQ Short Ribs Korean Style. I have posted it separately to enter it into the Barbecue Sauce contest! It can be used on a variety of meats and also tofu. Enjoy!
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 177.44-236.59 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sherry wine
- 44.37 ml honey
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 118.29 ml chopped scallion, plus more green tips for sprinkling (green and white parts, mixed)
- 9.85 ml red chili pepper flakes
- Grind the sesame seeds in a coffee grinder until fine.
- Place the ground sesame seeds in a medium bowl and add the garlic, soy, sherry, honey, sesame oil, water, ginger, scallions, and red chili flakes, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Use this sauce to marinate short ribs, steaks, chicken or fish! Grill or broil and baste with sauce.
I really like this a lot! I marinated steaks in it for only about an hour and it added a terrific flavour. I drizzled a bit of the reserved sauce on the steak after and it would be great to dip into as well! I didn't have any green onions so I added some dried chives for a bit of an onion taste. I will definitely make this again! Made for Kittencal's Grilling Tag Game. Thanks Sharon! :)
Found that we love Korean food, this recipe is no exception! The ingredients came together to make for one deliciously spicy sauce which worked really well on steak. Can't wait to try it on chicken. Made as posted using my garlic press picked up a number of years ago at an Arizona Swap Meet - makes short work on getting that garlic just right. Loved the red chili pepper flakes and the fresh ginger..Thank you Sharon. Made for the Auz/NZ August swap.
This is very good and close to a sauce I already make. I love the addition of the red chili pepper flakes. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2007.