Top Review by Nif
I really like this a lot! I marinated steaks in it for only about an hour and it added a terrific flavour. I drizzled a bit of the reserved sauce on the steak after and it would be great to dip into as well! I didn't have any green onions so I added some dried chives for a bit of an onion taste. I will definitely make this again! Made for Kittencal's Grilling Tag Game. Thanks Sharon! :)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 3⁄4-1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion, plus more green tips for sprinkling (green and white parts, mixed)
- 2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the sesame seeds in a coffee grinder until fine.
- Place the ground sesame seeds in a medium bowl and add the garlic, soy, sherry, honey, sesame oil, water, ginger, scallions, and red chili flakes, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Use this sauce to marinate short ribs, steaks, chicken or fish! Grill or broil and baste with sauce.