Taco pie with all the trimmings!!
Make and share this Yummy Taco Potato Pie! recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup thick spicy barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, rings
- sour cream
- Combine the potatoes and 2 Tbl. taco seasoning.
- Press in a greased 9" deep dish pie plate; set aside.
- In skillet, cook beef and onion til done. Drain and stir in beans, barbecue sauce, water and remaining taco seasoning.
- Cook and stir until hot and bubbly.
- Spoon into potato crust.
- Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, rest of cheese, black olives, jalapenos and sour cream.
- 4-6 servings. Serve with cornbread muffins if desired!
This is the first recipe that I made from Zaar last night, and I was so pleased with the outcome. Tasted great, and I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! Kids really liked it too. Instead of barbecue sauce I did substitute Pace chunky salsa. Loved it! Thanks Wildflour. Karen