Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This meatloaf is really moist and full of flavor. Once you have it this way its hard to have it any other way again.I'm not sure where I got the recipe from but I would really like to THANK that person. One of my favorite recipes!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- reserved tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, eggs and 1/3 of the can of tomato sauce.
- Form into a loaf and put into loaf pan.
- Then take 1 tsp of water and sprinkle it over top of meatloaf (this makes a difference, but I am not sure why).
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- In saucepan combine the topping ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Pour fat off of meatloaf, cut into serving size pieces in pan.
- Pour topping over meatloaf& make sure it gets between slices, then bake for ten more minutes.