Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was a dish that my mother made often when I was a child. It's something I enjoy making because it is a little different than the everyday way of preparing pork chops.
- Brown the chops in a large skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/2 cup white vinegar.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrots, and red and green pepper.
- Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the drained mandarin orange syrup.
- Add 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and cornstarch in syrup.
- Simmer a few minutes until the liquid is clear in appearance, stirring frequently.
- Add the drained mandarin oranges and heat gently.
- Serve over cooked white rice.