Bread 'n Butter's Note:
This was a dish that my mother made often when I was a child. It's something I enjoy making because it is a little different than the everyday way of preparing pork chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the chops in a large skillet.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add 1 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/2 cup white vinegar.
- 4Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 5Add the onion, carrots, and red and green pepper.
- 6Simmer for 8 minutes.
- 7Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the drained mandarin orange syrup.
- 8Add 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and cornstarch in syrup.
- 9Simmer a few minutes until the liquid is clear in appearance, stirring frequently.
- 10Add the drained mandarin oranges and heat gently.
- 11Serve over cooked white rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 890.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 25.9 g