Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that i have made for the last few summers - I've had it in my cookbook for so long i don't remember where it came from - I think it might be from SFI - they also suggest trying it with Greek yogurt and leaving out the nuts if you want to reduce calories or replacing the chicken and mango with cooked prawns and ripe peaches - enjoy!
- 1⁄2 roasting chicken
- 440 g pineapple, pieces in natural juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 butter lettuce
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Shred chicken and keep aside.
- Drain pineapple - reserve the juice.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry onion until tender.
- Stir in curry powder and chutney.
- Remove from the heat and stir through mayonnaise and 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice.
- Tear lettuce in half and place on serving platter or large bowl.
- Top with chicken, mango, avacado and macadamia nuts.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
As much as I'm learning to include avocado in some things, I can't bring myself to include slices in my salads ~ So that was omitted, but other than that, I followed the recipe step by step! Loved the combo of pineapple, mango & curry! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]