Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from the JustBerryRecipes.com website. I thought it looked really good and had some interesting twists to it: orange zest, applesauce, and not too much sugar so the fruit flavor can really shine through. I haven't tried it yet, though, so the serving and prep times are just a guess.
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 1 cup skim milk, at room Temperature
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice, at room Temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Prepare 9 x 13 pan (or 2 rounds) with cooking spray and flour.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, blueberries and sugar.
- In another mixing bowl, combine egg white, milk, juice, orange peel, and applesauce.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan(s), and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour depending on pan size.