Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so simple and so satisfying. You cannot eat just one. I measure things according to look, so feel free to adjust to your taste.
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup real bacon piece
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, cheese and bacon bits until blended well.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes (wear gloves to prevent irritating your skin).
- Steam peppers in boiling water for a few minutes just to soften them a bit (can omit this step if you like a crunchier pepper).
- Place peppers on foil-lined baking sheet and stuff each half with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is just starting to bubble.
Made this as directed only I used about 10-11 jalapenos (mine might have been smaller). Very good and what a wonderful appetizer/snack. I did boil my jalapenos for about 3-5 minutes to take some of the bite out. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game.
Easy and delicious! Can't beat a 4 ingredient recipe :) I skipped the boiling part to keep them crisper. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '11