These are so simple and so satisfying. You cannot eat just one. I measure things according to look, so feel free to adjust to your taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, cheese and bacon bits until blended well.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes (wear gloves to prevent irritating your skin).
- Steam peppers in boiling water for a few minutes just to soften them a bit (can omit this step if you like a crunchier pepper).
- Place peppers on foil-lined baking sheet and stuff each half with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is just starting to bubble.