Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My honey loves this recipe because it's almost like Thanksgiving! Originated by me!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (flatten with mallet)
- 1 bag breadcrumbs (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- chopped mushroom (as many as you like)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Melt butter in saucepan and add celery, mushrooms, and onion.
- Saute until softened.
- Put desired amount of breadcrumbs in a bowl and add specified amount of chicken broth to moisten crumbs (tells amt on bag).
- Mix together and then add ingredients from saucepan.
- Mix thoroughly and add seasonings.
- After flattening chicken breasts, place stuffing onto each breast.
- Use toothpicks to close the breast.
- Put in pan or cookie sheet.
- I have baked this in the oven- 350 degrees- approx.
- 30 mins or you can cook it on stovetop.
- Sometimes when I cook on stovetop I put a can of cream of mushrooms soup to give moisture and acts as a sauce.
This was tasty recipe! I used shiitaki mushrooms. I also added 1/4c of ground pistacio nuts that needed to be used, to the mixture. I really enjoyed this recipe and will make it again. Thanks.