Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Eat this half frozen and tell me you did not enjoy it!!!! Any soft fruit can be used for this dessert, but then the quantity of sugar may change. It has a lovely texture. Takes a little effort but worth it. Freezing will take around 9 hours in all and then 1 hour before serving for it to be soft and textured.
- 175 g granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, peeled rind of
- 150 ml water
- 450 g strawberries
- 285 ml low-fat yogurt
- 4 -6 strawberries, for decoration cut into fan like slices (not cut through completely)
- Heat the sugar, lemon rind and water in a heavy pan over low heat till the sugar dissolves Now increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 mins then take off the stove and cool.
- Wash and clean the strawberries and puree them in the mixer.
- Strain the sugar syrup on top of this and blend some more.
- Put this mix in a bowl and combine the yogurt well into it.
- Put this is a plastic container and freeze for 2 hours.
- Blend again and freeze for 2-3 hours more.
- Then blend again.
- Now freeze till firm (around 4 hours) Leave it to soften for an hour in the refrigerator for an hour before you serve it.
- Spoon it into 4-6 bowls and garnish with the fanned strawberry slices (1 in each bowl) Do think of me when you enjoy this one.
This is very good, and super-chilling! I love the soft texture and deep strawberry flavor. I poured the mixture into a food service plastic bag and froze it. After 2 hours, instead of blending it, I just kneaded the bag well. The next day it was like soft service ice cream. Yum! Very easy and good. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
This is a great refreshing ice cream. We are having quite a heat wave and this is perfect. Very light and full of flavour. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting.
This is a delicious frozen dessert. The lemon flavor is strong enough to give the yogurt a nice kick, but doesn't overwhelm. I only stirred once, because I didn't get started till fairly late, but the texture was still very creamy. Next time, I think I will pull down the ice cream freezer & try it that way.