Girl from India's Note:
Eat this half frozen and tell me you did not enjoy it!!!! Any soft fruit can be used for this dessert, but then the quantity of sugar may change. It has a lovely texture. Takes a little effort but worth it. Freezing will take around 9 hours in all and then 1 hour before serving for it to be soft and textured.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the sugar, lemon rind and water in a heavy pan over low heat till the sugar dissolves Now increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- 2Boil for 2 mins then take off the stove and cool.
- 3Wash and clean the strawberries and puree them in the mixer.
- 4Strain the sugar syrup on top of this and blend some more.
- 5Put this mix in a bowl and combine the yogurt well into it.
- 6Put this is a plastic container and freeze for 2 hours.
- 7Blend again and freeze for 2-3 hours more.
- 8Then blend again.
- 9Now freeze till firm (around 4 hours) Leave it to soften for an hour in the refrigerator for an hour before you serve it.
- 10Spoon it into 4-6 bowls and garnish with the fanned strawberry slices (1 in each bowl) Do think of me when you enjoy this one.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Strawberry Yogurt Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 54.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 55.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g