Recipe by CoolMonday
This is a festive and beautiful dessert.. It is built in layers that show through the clear glass dish.. It will become a holiday favorite
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (6 ounce) package French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) sponge cakes or 10 ladyfingers
- 1 (14 ounce) can peach slices in heavy syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced pears in heavy syrup
- 1 pint strawberries or 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make jello according to directions and refrigerate till cool and beginning to set.
- Make pudding according to directions and refrigerate till cool and set-- place plastic wrap directly on pudding so no skin is formed.
- Use a clear glass dish 10 X 15 X 2 or use a regular trifle bowl, clear glass, straight sides.
- FIRST LAYER Slice sponge cake about 1/2 inch thick and layer bottom of dish (or layer lady fingers).
- Sprinkle brandy on cake.
- SECOND LAYER Slice strawberries in half.
- Alternate strawberries, peaches and pears around edge and fill in the rest (make it pretty around the edge).
- Sprinkle walnuts over all.
- THIRD LAYER Spoon Jello over all making sure it shows at edge.
- FOURTH LAYER Spoon pudding over jello-- make sure it shows.
- FIFTH LAYER When ready to serve, spread whipped topping on.
- decorate with strawberries or other berries or fruit.