Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A variety of vegetables soup!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy, large saucepan, and once it is hot, add the onions, garlic and celery.
- Cook, stirring continually over medium heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the dried oregano and thyme, and cook another minute.
- Add the chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped spinach and fresh basil and stir to mix.
- Simmer for 12 minutes.