Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are incredible! Brought these to a departmental function and they literally inhaled them. I'm editing this intro to add that several people have added chocolate chips to the batter and have been VERY HAPPY with the results!
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Spread evenly in a buttered 8-inch square baking pan and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into 2-inch squares. (Really, let them cool....they are pretty likely to fall apart if you don't.)
Yummy! These taste great, unfortunatly they fell apart when I took them out of the tin, but they were probably still to warm. Made them without nuts, for the kids and they loved making and eating them!
2-thumbs up!they taste really good! and the good thing about them is that you can do them whenener you want b/c they don't require a lot of ingredients! really good!!!
so yum!! i use 4oz of chocolate. =) i've used this recipe many times with different kinds of chocolate(dark, milk). it's nice with toffee bits, nuts, etc. =)