Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The title says it all!! Adapted from a Family Circle magazine.
Make and share this Yummy so Easy Orange Chip Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F Place 24 paper or foil liners into 2 muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together sugar, orange juice, oil and eggs. Beat in the flour mixture until combined. Fold in the oranges and chocolate chips. Beat for 1 minute. Spoon batter equally into the lined muffin pans, about scant 1/4 cup into each.
- Topping: in a small bowl, stir together coconut, sugar and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over top of the muffins.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool slightly on wire rack before removing from pan.
Wow are these muffins ever good! I used fresh chopped mandarine oranges in place of canned, this recipe is going into my favorites! thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten :)
These are awesome. I've made them so many times, always with great results. Then of course, the day I make them for a bake sale, I'm out of vegetable oil so sub Olive oil. Yuck. and I'm in a rush so I scoop instead of sprinkle the topping on. Bad Bad Bad. the topping sunk to the middle and made horrible looking muffins. Stick to the recipe and all is good!!
Yummy yummy in our tummies! These were a huge hit with a group of teens! Loved the topping especially to the muffins. Made 24 muffins perfectly! Tagged in 1.2.3 Hits and glad I did. I'll be making these often for potlucks and get-togethers.