Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A fall/winter favorite here! This recipe makes a lot, but can easily be halved.
Make and share this Yummy Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, approx 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves, amount to taste
- 8 ounces white pearl onions, peeled, frozen are easiest
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, can use fresh
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, UNdrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine, can use sherry, red wine, etc
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- Place ingredients in the order listed into a large (5-6 quart) slow cooker (crock pot).
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until done.
- Stir; adjust seasonings, if necessary (salt, etc).
This was fantastic! I used 2.25 lb meat, increased the garlic and worcestershire sauce, chopped onion and fresh parsley. My crock pot was filled to the brim. I would make this again in a heart beat! Thanks!
This is one of the best slow-cooker recipes I have made, I made this in a crockpot, next time I will double the recipe and will try it on top of the stove, I increased the wine to 1/2 cup, and also incresed the garlic to about 3 tablespoons, I love the addition of cabbage in this stew, what a great recipe Parsley, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)
I only gave 4 stars as I modified the recipe base on my cupboard/family preferences. Very delicious- I used cream of mushroom soup (condensed) instead of gravy; no wine on hand; omitted celery and cabbage; added pasta shells last hour of cooking on "high" as it needed thickening and I did not want to use corn starch. A keeper-thanks!