Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- In a large skillet, cook the chops in oil until no pink remains.
- Remove from skillet.
- Combine soup, sugar, vinegar, and garlic in skillet.
- Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until it thickens.
- Place the chops back into skillet, turning to coat and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
I love recipes that not only taste great but also require ingredients that I normally keep on hand. This was super easy and was wonderful with white rice, green beans and dinner rolls.
The flavors were a little strong for my tastes. We usually enjoy sweet sauces, but this was a little too sweet. The vinegar seemed overpowering as well, as did the onions. I mellowed it out by adding a half cup of sour cream to the mixture. If I make it again, I'll lessen both the sugar & vinegar to one tablespoon, & maybe add a splash of heavy cream.
I love these pork chops!! I really like skillet fried pork chops but am tired of having cream soup on them so this is a great change of pace!! I was afraid the amount of sugar would be too much, but it was perfect. Will be making these again! Made for P-A-R-T-Y December Tag.