Recipe by MinnesotaCook
Yummy salad--so easy to make. I just made it for a potlock wedding and it was a big hit. Of course I added extra shrimp for the special occasion. Very fast to make. I am sure you can improvise can or jarred shrimp (well drained).
- 12 ounces cooked shelled frozen baby shrimp (I use 3 4 oz packages)
- 8 ounces shell pasta (or your favorite)
- 1 cup finely chopped up red bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw shrimp by running cold water over it in a colander for several minutes until the iciness is gone. Drain in colander well, pat dry very very well with paper towels. To prevent a watery salad. Place into large bowl.
- Cook shell pasta as directed on package, rinsing with cold water and draining well in colander.
- In bowl with shrimp add the cheese, diced peppers, Miracle Whip and cocktail sauce. Mix all together very well.
- Add the pasta and stir all very well.
- The Miracle Whip quantities and the cocktail sauce are to taste. But those amounts seemed to work good to me. This was just as fast to make for me as tuna pasta salad. I cooked the pasta while I did the other prep -- .