Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just a basic, simple recipe that is delicious comfort food! You can't go wrong with this dish on a cold winter's night! There is never any leftovers in our house when I make this!
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons salted sweet creamy butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground turkey with the celery, onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- While browning the turkey, boil the potatoes until fork tender.
- Mash potatoes with the butter, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Stir the tomato soup into the turkey mixture thoroughly and add carrots.
- Fold in the peas carefully and heat through.
- Put turkey mixture in an 8x8 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top.
- Top that with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was good! Will be making again. Thanks for the posting!