Chef Nichol's Note:
Just a basic, simple recipe that is delicious comfort food! You can't go wrong with this dish on a cold winter's night! There is never any leftovers in our house when I make this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons salted sweet creamy butter
- 1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1Brown the ground turkey with the celery, onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2While browning the turkey, boil the potatoes until fork tender.
- 3Mash potatoes with the butter, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4Stir the tomato soup into the turkey mixture thoroughly and add carrots.
- 5Fold in the peas carefully and heat through.
- 6Put turkey mixture in an 8x8 casserole dish.
- 7Sprinkle half of the cheese on top.
- 8Top that with the mashed potatoes.
- 9Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 937.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 17.9 g