Recipe by chef beth in THORNTON,ENGLAND
This is shepherds pie with a difference. I add curry powder and mango chutney.
- 1 lb ground beef mince
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1⁄2 pint gravy
- black pepper
- 2 -3 lbs potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the mince meat in oil add chopped onion. fry 5 mins add curry powder, then gravy then mango chutney and black pepper. Cook 15 minutes.
- cook potatoes till tender and mash with butter.
- put meat mixture into glass pyrex dish and top with potato.
- cook 45 mins at 190c or gas mark 5.
- serve with fresh or frozen peas.