Recipe by catalinacrawler
tired of the same ol' plain ol' white rice? well here's an quick combo of herbs to jazz up that boring oldie that rivals any Rice-A-Roni box. i serve this on the side of my Hawaiian style chicken kabobs and its fantastic!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, divided
- 1 drop sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all seasonings except butter and half of the sesame seeds to a microwave safe measuring cup.
- Add water and heat in microwave for 2 minutes to dissolve bouillon.
- Transfer to a small pot with lid and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, stir, cover and remove from heat.
- Let steam for 5 minutes and then add butter, fluff and recover until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds when serving.