Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is sort of a concoction from several recipes I use, super easy and based off the recipe my mother made for us as kids. Pretty kid friendly, at least in our house, and is always great leftover. Can substitute cooked shrimp to cut down on prep time. Can be served warm or chilled, but we prefer it warm.
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped (or shredded)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat, torn apart
- 1 (16 ounce) box bow tie pasta, cooked 'al dente'
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 teaspoon dill, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan (for the shrimp), bring water to boil.
- Place shrimp in boiling water.
- Return to Boil.
- Remove from Heat.
- Peel/Devein shrimp.
- In a large bowl, mix crab and veggies together well.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for dressing. Whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Add hot cooked pasta, and mix all ingredients together well.
Made for March Pasta/Potato photo challenge 2008. I love this! Easy and delicious.I used cooked shrimp because thats what I had on hand and the dill is a great addition.