This is as close as it gets to Café Yumm’s® original Yumm Sauce®. I have eaten many yummy bowls over the years and I’ve tried to dissect the flavors of the sauce and come up with a recipe that’s close, and here it is. This sauce is egg free, dairy free, gluten free and sugar free. If you have nut allergies I suggest you stay away, sorry. This sauce is great with rice and beans, pasta, a topping for chili and basting for chicken on the grill. Use your imagination, it tastes darn good with almost everything…enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (preferably cold pressed)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (for a creamier sauce, use almond flour)
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast (available at Whole Foods grocery stores)
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas or 1⁄2 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup soybeans, cooked (not green edamame beans)
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water (important for flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 -2 garlic clove (small to medium size)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- In a blender or food processor blend almonds beans and oil.
- Add all other ingredients and puree until creamy smooth.
- Cover and let stand in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Don't cover to tight, remember the yeast.