1/1 Photo of Yummy Sauce
This is as close as it gets to Café Yumm’s® original Yumm Sauce®. I have eaten many yummy bowls over the years and I’ve tried to dissect the flavors of the sauce and come up with a recipe that’s close, and here it is. This sauce is egg free, dairy free, gluten free and sugar free. If you have nut allergies I suggest you stay away, sorry. This sauce is great with rice and beans, pasta, a topping for chili and basting for chicken on the grill. Use your imagination, it tastes darn good with almost everything…enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup canola oil (preferably cold pressed)
- 1/2 cup almonds (for a creamier sauce, use almond flour)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (available at Whole Foods grocery stores)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas or 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup soybeans, cooked (not green edamame beans)
- 1/2 cup filtered water (important for flavor)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 -2 garlic clove (small to medium size)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1In a blender or food processor blend almonds beans and oil.
- 2Add all other ingredients and puree until creamy smooth.
- 3Cover and let stand in the refrigerator for one hour.
- 4Don't cover to tight, remember the yeast.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.5
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 224.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g