Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You will love this quick and easy recipe! This seems to be a favorite among the men but of course everyone will love it. Id make a side of mashed potatoes and pick a fresh veggie to go along. You can make your own brown gravy or use a different mix, but this is what I've used. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1 egg
- 3 (1 ounce) packagesmccormick brown gravy mix
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- The meat will seem thin.
- roll the mixture into 4 or 5 balls depending on how big you want your patties.
- And place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Flatten the balls into patties and in a large frying pan brown each side.
- Do not cook all the way.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Empty the pan from anything left over and add the brown gravy mix as instructed on the package.
- When the gravy comes to a boil add the patties and allow to cook uncovered on low for about 15 minutes--the longer the more tender.
This is delicious and easy. I only used two packages of brown gravy mix, and it was perfect for us. Thank you for sharing a terrific recipe!
This was a really good, down home comfort meal. I served it over mashed potatoes. My DH enjoyed it, having two servings, even though I used ground turkey. Thanks for posting the recipe.
My husband was grumbling when I told him we were having salisbury steak for dinner, until he walked in the door. He thought it smelled wonderful and he ate it quickly. (He HATES the salisbury steak his mom makes). Thanks for the very quick and easy recipe. Even my 4-year-old LOVED it.