Recipe by Melinajane
You will love this quick and easy recipe! This seems to be a favorite among the men but of course everyone will love it. Id make a side of mashed potatoes and pick a fresh veggie to go along. You can make your own brown gravy or use a different mix, but this is what I've used. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1 egg
- 3 (1 ounce) packagesmccormick brown gravy mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- The meat will seem thin.
- roll the mixture into 4 or 5 balls depending on how big you want your patties.
- And place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Flatten the balls into patties and in a large frying pan brown each side.
- Do not cook all the way.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Empty the pan from anything left over and add the brown gravy mix as instructed on the package.
- When the gravy comes to a boil add the patties and allow to cook uncovered on low for about 15 minutes--the longer the more tender.