Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I have been making this for years, with our size family I double everything and serve it with mashed potatoes and rolls. It's always a hit :)
- 2 -3 lbs round steaks or 6 -8 pork chops
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Cut steak into 5 or 6 serving pieces. Place in a slow cooker.
- Add dry onion soup mix, water and condensed mushroom soup. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high about 4-5 hours.
- If making the pork chops, brown in oil and then put some of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, then layer pork chops and add more sauce. Then bake for an hour and a half at 350.
This is how my mom has made pork chops and round steak for years! Since it was one of our favorites I had to give it a try in the slow cooker. Fork tender meat and the gravy is so good! DH loves his gravy and faith mentioned she doubles the soup and water so I did too. Perfect with mashed potatoes, creamed peas, and hard rolls. Sweetie thanks so much for a wonderful meal! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's What Kids Eat Tag Game.
My great-aunt always made this when we came to visit even though she was a vegetarian and never ate it herself. I use round steak...it creates a wonderfully rich gravy that must be served over mashed potatoes! The use of pork chops seems criminal :-)
5 stars for convenience and ease! I liked this alot and have added to my cookbookl; To make on a Monday at 6 am and come home to a cooked dinner after work is wonderful but doing this recipe on a Monday made it all the better!!! I did add garlic as I add it to almost everything for some kick and then added some cut onions (sauteed on stove) to the roast. Otherwise exactly as stated cooked on low. (will do the pork chops next Monday for another great Faith58 meal) Had this with smashed garlic potates and sweet corn...... WONDERFUL, the flavors melded great and the house smelled homespun. DFIL, DS and DH loved it. Thank you for a easy meal that I could serve on a Sunday dinner platter for guests. 1-2-3- Hit Wonder Tag