I have been making this for years, with our size family I double everything and serve it with mashed potatoes and rolls. It's always a hit :)
- 2 -3 lbs round steaks or 6 -8 pork chops
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Cut steak into 5 or 6 serving pieces. Place in a slow cooker.
- Add dry onion soup mix, water and condensed mushroom soup. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high about 4-5 hours.
- If making the pork chops, brown in oil and then put some of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, then layer pork chops and add more sauce. Then bake for an hour and a half at 350.