Recipe by faith58
I have been making this for years, with our size family I double everything and serve it with mashed potatoes and rolls. It's always a hit :)
Top Review by lauralie41
This is how my mom has made pork chops and round steak for years! Since it was one of our favorites I had to give it a try in the slow cooker. Fork tender meat and the gravy is so good! DH loves his gravy and faith mentioned she doubles the soup and water so I did too. Perfect with mashed potatoes, creamed peas, and hard rolls. Sweetie thanks so much for a wonderful meal! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's What Kids Eat Tag Game.
- 2 -3 lbs round steaks or 6 -8 pork chops
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into 5 or 6 serving pieces. Place in a slow cooker.
- Add dry onion soup mix, water and condensed mushroom soup. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high about 4-5 hours.
- If making the pork chops, brown in oil and then put some of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, then layer pork chops and add more sauce. Then bake for an hour and a half at 350.