Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy cook roasted vegetables that can be added to pasta, and are lovely with roast chicken or fish and roast or mashed potato. can also be re heated the next day and used in sandwiches or salads
- 1 red onion
- garlic (as much as you want!)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- loads cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1 dash good balsamic vinegar
- 1 red chile (for a spicy version!) (optional)
- Preheat the oven at about 200.
- Roughly chop all the vegetables and put in a large roasting dish.
- Add the red onion, peppers, and courgette and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper over and add a good splash of balsamic vinegar. After about 30 minutes, add the aubergine and cherry tomatoes and cook until the vegetables are slightly brown and glistening in the lovely juices!
- Serve with pasta or chicken breasts/ fish or fresh crunchy bread. Yummy with mashed potatoes and a splash of sweet chilli sauce.
This is a lovely easy winter meal. I only had red peppers and also added a few florets of cauliflower and some sliced chat potatoes. Yum !!