Recipe by Shabby Sign Shoppe
This was a recipe I came up with after making way too much rice one night. I was so pleased with the creamy results, I wanted to post to keep it safe! To me it tasted like Kozy Shack. I like it because it uses the leftover rice and I typically have all ingredients on hand.
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1 (15 ounce) can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cooked rice with milks, salt and cinnamon in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Heat on medium-high for a short time then reduce to low.
- Simmer 1/2 hour. Stirring as needed.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into pudding. Add raisins at this time if desired.
- Simmer 20 minutes longer.
- Let cool, refridge and serve.
- Garnish with additional cinnamon if desired.