Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this for the first time last night. My husband declared that it was excellent and made me promise to make it again. And since I agreed, I thought I'd better share!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup orzo pasta
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (including tops)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add orzo and saute until golden brown.
- Add scallions and saute quickly (a minute or so).
- Add chicken broth, water, salt & pepper (to taste).
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Reduced heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 17-20 minutes.
- I finished by adding a little extra butter and salt and pepper to taste.
I'm giving this 5 stars because my daughter and I loved it. Husband was so-so, but liked it. It's a good easy side dish that's much nicer than a packaged rice mix. I'll be using this a lot. Thanks!