Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful salad recipe that I got from my Mom. I really enjoy it and it is my husbands favorite. He will request this salad for any occasion.
- 1 (7 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni, prepared and cooled
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- shrimp, medium can, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl mix prepared Rice-a-Roni, artichokes, onions, shrimp, and both types of olives and mix.
- Add mayonnaise starting with 1/4 cup and adding more to your desired consistency.
- Mix and eat.
I can see why this is one of your husbands favorites!!! It has quickly become a favorite of mine too!!! Thanks for a lovely salad.The flavors blend very nicely. I am looking forward to making this one a lot!
I had some grape tomatoes that had to be eaten, so I cut them in half and threw them in. We all LOVED it. What a nice change from those every day salads!
I love this recipe!! I also will add 1 tsp curry.