Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My cousin made these for me so long ago and they were delicious. I had to ask for the recipe and she was nice enough to give it to me.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs country-style spareribs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion (Chopped Fine)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (Chopped Fine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper the ribs. Place ribs in roasting pan and bake at 375F for 1 hour.
- In small skillet saute onions and celery in oil until translucent. Put into saucepan and add all above ingredients. Simmer for 20-30 minutes while ribs are in oven.
- Drain fat from ribs after they have cooked for an hour and pour sauce mixture over them. Lower oven to 350F and place ribs back in for another 1 hour. Occasionally baste the ribs with the sauce.
These come out very tender and flavorful!! made as directed, just 1/2'd the recipe since there was only 2 of us...should have just made the extra!! I liked the flavor of the sauce and will probably use for other cuts of meat; but may increase the amount of brown sugar or add some honey; I like sweet sauce. Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag January 2010.
this recipe has a great sauce to it- just perfect in flavor. i was nervous it would be just another b-b-q spareribs, but it wasn't... it was fantastic. a definite repeat!!!