Recipe by FrenchBunny
My cousin made these for me so long ago and they were delicious. I had to ask for the recipe and she was nice enough to give it to me.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These come out very tender and flavorful!! made as directed, just 1/2'd the recipe since there was only 2 of us...should have just made the extra!! I liked the flavor of the sauce and will probably use for other cuts of meat; but may increase the amount of brown sugar or add some honey; I like sweet sauce. Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag January 2010.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs country-style spareribs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion (Chopped Fine)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (Chopped Fine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper the ribs. Place ribs in roasting pan and bake at 375F for 1 hour.
- In small skillet saute onions and celery in oil until translucent. Put into saucepan and add all above ingredients. Simmer for 20-30 minutes while ribs are in oven.
- Drain fat from ribs after they have cooked for an hour and pour sauce mixture over them. Lower oven to 350F and place ribs back in for another 1 hour. Occasionally baste the ribs with the sauce.