1/2 Photos of Yummy Raisin Tea Biscuits - No Sugar Added
This recipe came from one of my wonderful Canadian girl friends - it's so quick and easy and these are great for quick company stopping in for a cuppa. Freeze well and give you that home-made feeling without a lot of fuss. (I 1/2'd the salt as per recommend - I think when I traded the sugar for Splenda it probably didn't counteract the salt as well)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 -6 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 3/4 cup milk, cold
- 1 cup raisins (I soak them in hot water so they are moist after baking. Also works well with Craisins or currents)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 450*.
- 2Soak raisins in hot water so they are moist for baking.
- 3Mix first five ingredients, cut in butter until it is pea sized.
- 4Add milk, stir to combine (don't over mix), dough will come together when kneaded.
- 5Drain raisins and stir until combined.
- 6Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead 8-10 times.
- 7Roll to 3/4" thickness, cut with biscuit cutter. 2" cutter makes 15 biscuits.
- 8Brush with milk and sprinkle with splenda (or sugar).
- 9Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Raisin Tea Biscuits - No Sugar Added
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 225.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: